Classification according to the nature of the process
- Blanking die A die that separates materials along a closed or open contour. Such as blanking dies, piercingdies, cutting dies, incision dies, trimming dies, etc.
- Bending die is adie that bends and deforms a sheet blank or other blank along a straight line (bending line) to obtain a workpiece with a certain angle and shape.
- Deep drawing die is a die that makes the blank of the sheet into an open hollow part, or further changes the shape and size of the hollow part.
- Forming die is a die that directly copies and forms the blank or semi-finished workpiece according to the shape of the convex and concave die, and the material itself only produces local plastic deformation. Such as bulging die, shrinking die, flaring die, undulating forming die, burringdie, shaping die, etc.
- Riveting die is to use external force to connect or overlap the participating parts in a certain order and way to form a whole.
Classification according to the degree of process combination
- Single-process die In one stroke of the press, only one stamping process is completed.
- The compound mold has only one station, and in one stroke of the press, two or more stamping processes are completed at the same station at the same time.
- Progressive die (also known as continuous die) has two or more stations in the feeding direction of the blank, and in one stroke of the press, two or more passes are completed at different stations one after another. The die for the above stamping process.
- The transfer mold combines the characteristics of single-process mold and progressive mold, and uses the manipulator transfer system to realize the rapid transfer of the product in the mold, which can greatly improve the production efficiency of the product, reduce the production cost of the product, save the material cost, and have stable quality.
Classification by product processing method
According to the different processing methods of products, dies can be divided into five categories: punching and shearing dies, bending dies, drawing dies, forming dies and compression dies.
- Punching and shearing dies: work is done by shearing. Commonly used forms include shearing , blanking , piercing, trimming ,trimming dies, punching dies and punching dies.
- Bending die: It is a shape that bends the flat blank into an angle. Depending on the shape, precision and production volume of the parts, there are many different forms of dies, such as ordinary bending dies, cam bending dies, curling dies , arc bending dies, bending punching dies and twisting dies, etc.
- Drawing mold: Drawing mold is to make flat blank into seamless container with bottom.
- Forming die: refers to the use of various local deformation methods to change the shape of the blank, in the form of a convex forming die, a curling die, a neck forming die, a hole flange forming die, and a round edge forming die.
- Compression die: It uses strong pressure to make the metal blank flow and deform into the desired shape.